if Memory serves the LIBCMTD.lib library that you're excluding IS the
MultiThreaded Library?
Generally if you can run it thru debug you can get the CodeStack and
InstructionPointer which will at least point to the exact location where it
abended
Saludos Cordiales desde EEUU!Martin
______________________________________________ Disclaimer and confidentiality
note Everything in this e-mail and any attachments relates to the official
business of Sender. This transmission is of a confidential nature and Sender
does not endorse distribution to any party other than intended recipient.
Sender does not necessarily endorse content contained within this transmission.
> Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 12:04:30 +0530> From: saf...@gmail.com> To:
renit...@gmail.com; mysql@lists.mysql.com> Subject: Re: VC++ 2008 / MySQL debug
/ Unhandled exception> > Are you sure that VS2008 support Mysql6.0, since mysql
6 is in alpha stage.> --> Sharique> > > On 1/10/09, Miguel Cardenas
<renit...@gmail.com> wrote:> > Hello list> >> > I have a problem debugging a
program that uses MySQL. The program itself> > does not have problems, it runs
perfectly when run in the console (command> > prompt), but if it is executed
inside the Visual C++ 2008 debugger it causes> > an error:> >> > Unhandled
exception at 0x004b1560 in MyProgram.exe: 0xC0000005: Access> > violation
reading location 0x00000000> >> > when it reaches mysql_real_connect() I'm
using "mysql-6.0.8-alpha-win32"> > binary with setup.exe installer.> >> > Note
that I don't try to enter inside mysql functions, even if no> > breakpoints are
setup and I let the program to run freely it aborts there> > with the unhandled
exception.> >> > My VC++ 2008 configuration is this:> >> >
------------------------------------------------------------------------> >
Includes:> > C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 6.0\include> >> > Libraries:>
> C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 6.0\lib\debug> >> > Code generation:> >
Multi-threaded /MT> >> > Precompiled headers: NO> >> > Aditional dependencies:>
> wsock32.lib mysqlclient.lib libmysql.lib mysys.lib> >> > Ignore specific
library: (as found in a forum post)> > LIBCMTD.lib> >> > Debugging: YES /DEBUG>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------> >>
> I based my configuration on this post for VC++ 6.0> >
http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?45,49606,49606#msg-49606> >> > I guess it may
be due to the ignored LIBCMTD.lib (debug version of MT?), but> > if don't
ignore it the compilation fails at link time with lots of redefined> >
symbols.> >> > My concrete question: is there something wrong with the
configuration shown> > in that post that I adapted to VC++ 2008? are VC++
programs with MySQL> > unable to run inside VC++ debugger? I don't want to
debut my MySQL code it> > is working already for *NIX, but there are other
parts of the program that> > may require debug and it aborts when calling a
mysql function.> >> > Thanks for any comment or help> >> > > -- > Sharique
uddin Ahmed Farooqui> (C++/C# Developer, IT Consultant)>
http://safknw.blogspot.com/> "Peace" is the Ultimate thing we want.> > -- >