On 16 Apr 2002, at 13:25, Chris Stark wrote:

> SELECT * FROM results WHERE result_value < 2.8E-50
>
> Anyway, I cannot seem to find a column type that is large enough to store
> this kind of number.

Have you tried DOUBLE PRECISION?  It doesn't seem to be specified
on the MySQL site, but Paul DuBois's MySQL book says the range is
2.225E-308 to 1.797E+308 (or the same range in negative numbers).

Another possibility, if all your values are small like that, is to
multiply tham all by 1E50 (or whatever) before storing them and make
the appropriate conversion when you bring them out or display them.

[Filter fodder: SQL]

--
Keith C. Ivey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Tobacco Documents Online