Hi Joseph,

The situation is like this. The daemon was running but any command /
requests were hanging for example any mysqladmin command would sit
there forever, any mysql command would behave the same way.

OS - HP-UX 10.20
Mysql version - 3.23.33

There were lot of activities at the time server hung-up. But even after
users got out it was in the hung state. Nothing in the error log files
to give any clues.

thanks

Vivek