Hi,
I want to backup a MySQL 3.23 database to upgrade it to MySQL 4.0. My tables are InnoDB and they have foreign keys. I would like to know how to backup it, because it seems that neither mysqldump nor mysqlhotcopy can be easily used.

The restore script created by mysqldump contains the 'create table' (and data insert) instructions unsorted. So, when I run the script it fails because it many times tries to create tables referencing other tables that have not already been created.

On the other hand, the MySQL manual says (4.8.7 mysqlhotcopy) that mysqlhotcopy can only be used with MyISAM and ISAM tables.

Thanks in advance
Martín