I have the complete Red Hat 9 rpm database installed but I guess I just don't know how to query it. What provides libcrypto and libssl? Particularly the versions required by MySQL (libcrypto.0.9.6 and libssl.0.9.6)? I have both files on my system but they are version 0.9.7. and MySQL doesn't seem to be interested in the later version. Is MySQL actually dependent on the specific version? I know I can install using --nodeps but this breaks apt-get because it won't proceed as long as it thinks there are broken dependencies.
I've seen this question asked a couple of times but no answers.
Thanks.
Randy