Hi All;

I would like to take a moment to announce that I have finished work on a new
article at vbmysql.com! The latest article, titled "The VB-MySQL Tutorial -
Part 1", covers the basics of application and database design, covering
subjects such as entity design, relationships, and the creation of CREATE
TABLE statements. In fact, here's the table of contents:

   1. Introduction
   2. Choosing an Application
   3. Listing Requirements and Features
          * The Development Triangle
   4. Entity Design
          * Users
          * Groups
          * Events
   5. Entity Relationships
   6. Designing The Database
          * Choosing A Primary Key
          * Choosing Field Names and Required Fields
          * One-To-Many Relationships
          * Many-To-Many Relationships
   7. Normalizing The Database
          * First Normal Form
          * Second Normal Form
          * Third Normal Form
   8. Choosing Column Types and Writing CREATE TABLE Statements
          * NOT NULL, DEFAULT, AUTO_INCREMENT, and PRIMARY KEY
          * CHAR vs. VARCHAR
          * Storing Phone Numbers
          * ENUM Columns
          * Date Columns
          * TIMESTAMP Fields
          * Composite Primary Keys
          * Defining Our Remaining Tables
   9. Conclusion

Like most of the material at www.vbmysql.com, it features a hands-on
approach and is written so that an absolute beginner can benefit. This
article is generally database and programming language independant and
should be useful even to those who do not use VB as their language of
choice. I hope you like it!

Regards,
Mike Hillyer
www.vbmysql.com