We delete all binlogs over 7 days old.
We figure that if a slave gets that far behind, it is easier and faster to
restore last nights master backup and edit the master.info file on the slave to
point to todays log file.

Luis Mediero wrote:

Hi,

        I would like write a script to purge every nigth the master log with a cron
process. I need do it every nigth after load a lot of data into the master.
I know if i do 'show master status' i can see the file_name of the last log
file and then do -purge master logs to 'file_name'-. Is possible put the
file name into a variable and then do - purge master logs to '$variable' -,
into a script?. Someone have a example?.

        I can't use 'PURGE MASTER LOGS BEFORE ....' because I use the 4.0.20
version. :-(

TIA Luis