On 10/30/07, Joe Abley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 30-Oct-2007, at 12:55, Andy Davidson wrote:
>
> > I would support the creation of a mail-operators list (& agenda time
> > for a mailops bof, since a lot of networks are small enough to mean
> > that netops and sysops are often the same guys) if it's deemed to be
> > offtopic on nanog-l.
>
> Mail seems to be one of those topics which is of interest to many
> nanog subscribers, but simultaneously annoying to many (presumably
> different) nanog subscribers.
>
> Given that observation, creating a [EMAIL PROTECTED] list for the
> discussion of "e-mail operations" as a bounded experiment seems like a
> reasonable thing to do.

We've already talked about this. It was left at "possible".

I don't agree that operational issues related to the Internet needs to
be segregated from the main list, just the politics and kookery. I'm
not in favor of mailops@ since opening up such a topic as a free for
all is a recipe for disaster.

Spam-l is well established and accepts operators. Go west young man.
Otherwise, use your kill file, Luke.

Martin Hannigan
NANOG MLC Memeber