I think the Class E block has been covered before.  There were two reasons to
not re-allocate it.

1.      A lot of existing code base does not know how to handle those addresses
and may refuse to route them or will otherwise mishandle them.

2.      It was decided that squeezing every bit of space out of the v4
allocations only served to delay the desired v6 deployment.

This is my recollection and might be flawed.

Steven Naslund
Chicago IL