GPS Selective Availability did not disrupt the timing chain of GPS, only the
ephemeris (position information).  But a government-disrupted timebase scenario
has never occurred, while hackers are a documented threat.

DNS has DNSSec, which while not deployed as broadly as we might like, at least
lets us know which servers we can trust.

Your own atomic clocks still have to be synced to a common standard to be
useful. To what are they sync’d? GPS, I’ll wager.

I sense hand-waving :)

-mel via cell