On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 at 17:35, Mark Tinka <mark.ti...@seacom.mu> wrote:

> I've found my fair share of IS-IS bugs since I began using it back in 2007
> (when SRC ruled the roost on 7200/7600). What matters is that stuff gets
> fixed.

In 7600 it is simply not possible because of hardware limitation. I'd
be surprised if 7600 was alone here.

But does this actually matter? Probably not. I assume we have
functional market, and if there was business case in having secure
control-planes we would have them. Networks work because no one is
motivated to attack the infrastructure, not because we can or have
protected it.
I expect in time of crisis all state actors can disable the
infrastructure in matter of minutes, as they likely have collection of
these problems that control-plane protection has. But we will probably
fix the infrastructure in matter of days, so probably even then not a
big deal.

--
  ++ytti