> On 5/30/2011 8:06 AM, Alexander wrote:
> > Hello.
> > On FreeBSD host system I have the following
> configuration:
> > on physical interface I created vlan, connected it
> to bridge, created epair and added it end to bridge.
> In such way I can connect several jailed systems
> (VNET) to one vlan, providing one virtual interface
> to each jail.
> > I'm trying to achieve this functionality on
> OpenIndiana system (oi_151) so that severals zones
> could be connected to one vlan with own vnic, but I
> didn't managed yet. I can't create  vnic based on
> vlan and can't bridge vlan...
>
> Bridges exist logically below the level of VLANs, so
> you can't really
> just bridge two distinct VLANs together.  It doesn't
> make sense, at
> least to me.

Let me try to explain in more details.
I'd like to create the following configuration:

physicalInterface => vlanInterface <=> bridge   <=> etherstub <=>
VirutalInterfaces for zones

In such way I'd like to achieve the following: each zone has exclusive ip stack
and multiple zones can be in one vlan, which is seen from outside.
It seems, that most of our tasks can be solved with usual configuration (shared
ip stack), but on our FreeBSD hosts such configuration (exclusive ip stack +
bridge per vlan) is quite convinient.  I was suprised that I can't achive
similar configuration on Solaris host.