Ricardo Torrijos wrote:

> I have been trying to install my modem for two month. First, I tryed
> under the linux redhat 5.2, and I got "unknow uart" in all my serial
> ports. Now under mandrake (which I love it) since my machine boots, it
> detected (16550A), but under ttyS0 which is com1 under dos/windows. The
> problem is that it is not on that port, in reality it is on com2. But
> com2 has a "unknow uart". I have tryed all the combinations of
> setserial, changing the addresses, irqs, and setting the uart when it is
> unknown.

G'day Ricardo

Try this from the command line logged in as root and see what happens, I
had similar problems, and this was the only way I could connect:

pppd connect 'chat "" atdtXXXXXXX ogin:XXXXXX word:XXXXXXX' /dev/cua1
38400 mru 296 lock debug crtscts modem defaultroute

this is all one line and replace the XXXXXXXX with phone number, login
name, and password.

Hope this helps, do you have a InPort Mouse ???

--

Michael Doyle
Adelaide, South Australia