-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Philp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sunday, March 21, 1999 3:21 AM
Subject: Re: [newbie] Setup for Linux on a Dual Drive Computer

>"James J. Capone" wrote:
>>
>> Hello All,
>>
>>                Ok here is the Thing. I am going to purchase a new Hard
>> drive for my system sometime this week. When I get it I am going to run
>> Linux on the old one I have. I have a Compaq Presario 2240 with a 2.1 gig
>> drive. Right now I have it partitions so the Linux Mandrake uses 1.1 gigs
>> of space and Win95 uses the other 1 gig. Well I am running out of space
on
>> the drive. I am going to be getting a 4 gig drive that I am going to have
>> Win95 on (I have a Wife and 2 kids, They don't understand Linux YET) So
>> what I am going to do is run Linux on the 2.1 gig drive. I think Mandrake

I am an extreem newbie. I run 98 on drive C: ( is one segment of a 6.4Gig
segmented drive) and Mandrake on Hdb. LILO will boot to the second drive.

WARNING!!!

IF YOU DO NOT CHOSE COUSTOM INSTALL MANDRAKE WILL FORMAT ALL OF HDA.

No it was not properly backed up. It must be easy because dual booting on
two drives is the only thing that works right for me.

John P. Barker [EMAIL PROTECTED]