Hi everybody.

I tried to submit this problem twice but it doesn't seem
to be getting up to the list.

I am really stuck on this one.  I installed the
Linux-Mandrake 5.3 package on one of my
computers yesterday and all seemed to be going well until
I started KDE.

First, I got an Error message that said:

        _____________________________________
       |              KFM Error              |
       |                                     |
       |          Could not create           |
       |    ~/.kde/share/apps/kfm/magic      |

I clicked past this message and got the KDE desktop, but
I can't launch any applications and none of the buttons
work.  The only thing that I could do within KDE was shut
down and get out.

If anyone has a clue as to why this happened and how it
can be fixed, please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Jim