along these same lines, my isp has various very funny/cool quotes that come up randomly at logon & I'd like to emulate that. (they use bsd) can someone tell me how to make the random part happen, and/or point to a good source for the quotes?

I wanted to know if any of you know how to change the "welcoming message" that appears when someone telnets to my system. It currently lists my version name.  Not only would I like to get rid of that, but be able to add my own text in its place. Any information on how to do this will be appreaciated.

Thanks in advance.