Russ,
At 04:41 PM 3/30/99 -0800, you wrote:
>I just signed up to this list yesterday, and if what I am reading is
>from "newbies", I am in trouble.

You're not "in trouble", you're in for a learning experience.

>Boy is this different than DOS

Keep in mind that *DIFFERENT* doesn't mean the same thing as hard. It's
just different. DOS was very different than CPM, but that doesn't seem to
have hurt Bill G.

Start by reading the little book which comes with Mandrake if you bought it
commercial. If you got only a CD then plop it into the cd-rom drive and
look at the index.000 file with a browser. Print out the stuff you want to
read several times if you want. And keep in mind that, just like the
kitchen, bedrooms, and toilets are in different places between my house and
your house, we've both got them. All the "stuff" you're used to in
DOS/Windows environment is in there somewhere, it's just in a different
place; and it might look a little funny at first.

And by all means, ASK!!! What they told you in grade school is still true.
The only stupid question is the one you don't ask.

MB
--
Michael R. Batchelor
Industrial Informatics & Instrumentation, Inc.