-----Original Message-----

Making a boot disk is a little different for this than it is for dos.
Look
in the dosutils(?) directory for a program named rawwrite. This copies
an
image intoa floppy for you. The boot image, and a supplemental if you
need
it, are in the images directory.

(Russ)---------------------------
Ok, I did read about that image disk but I wasn't sure that was the
Linux version of a boot disk. I couldn't figure out how putting a
picture on a floppy would boot my computer. "Boot Image" makes sense.
OK, one confusion cleared up.
-------------------------------------

>them. Michael's suggestion to look in Index.000 was a dead end
because
>that file on my CD is empty.

Try index.html

(Russ)--------------------------
That was the one I started from. Since it was totally new to me, I was
having a difficult time following the directions. Things are starting
to come into focus though.
-----------------------------------

KDE happens to be a very popular (and pretty good) system
that's a little hard to get working if you don't know what you're
doing.
The Mandrake distribution is RedHat with KDE already configured and
set up.

OK, I think I gotcha. I think :-) I'll mainly stick with just getting
this baby installed (hence my boot disk problem), then I'll go from
there. I do want to thank you for your help. I really appreciate it.
Thanks to all the others who have posted as well.