Hello!  I am a newbie and I just got my LM 5.2 last week.  I'm really
excited about learning all of the intricacies of linux and other
flavors.  Since I'm new I thought I would start out just messing around
w/KDE a little bit until I have a chance to get a book.

When I tried to execute KDE the other day from the prompt I got several
messages saying that linux "cannot connect to xserver" and some other
stuff dealing with kaud, etc.  Since my SIS adapter isn't listed I tried
to change my settings to a default adapter, but this still didn't work.
Any suggestions?

Thanks alot!

mark g.

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]