Russ, I'm in the same boat as you.  I just joined yesterday.

Also, thanks Steve for the great primer!

Now that I have my linux and kde working, I also have found the need to have
dual-boot so that  I can do stuff in NT.  Here's my question:  since NT and LILO
want a piece of the mbr, how do I get them to coexist w/o using an NT or linux boot
disk?

When I installed lm 5.3 the other day it made it's own entries into the mbr.  When
I tried to boot NT, I got the blue screen, so I ran fdisk /mbr and everything
worked fine after that exept linux needed to boot with a disk.

Thanks!
Mark G.

--
.