I will be installing Mandrake 5.2 on a laptop (Toshiba Libretto)  that
does not have a cd-rom drive. Another problem with the install process is
that the notebook's floppy drive is external and on the PCMCIA port and
therefore would not "see" a second boot disk. Would it be possible to
(after partitioning the 2.1gig drive in half) copy the Mandrake 5.2
cd-rom to a directory on the win95 side, boot to windows or the install
floppy, and install from there?  If so how? Would it be easier if I gave
it its own partition?

Or would it be possible to (I guess by booting from the install floppy)
establish a laplink / null-modem connection to either a win95 or Linux
desktop and install using the cd drive on the desktop? If so how?

Your help is appreciated.

Thank you,
John