On Wed, 3 Mar 1999, Bernardo Rodrigues wrote:

>  However there seems to be a small problem wit the task bar, it slides
> all the time ( form left to right and viceversa), I had some fun with
> it but now it is a bit annoying. How do I fix this?

        Hmmm... I've never had such a problem, but I think it is a problem
with the mouse configuration. Probably you are using a 2 button mouse with
a 3 button protocol or viceversa.

> I shall probably submit something on the configuration of the sound,
> but I am yet to try by myself and see whether I can get the beast to
> work. I get absolutely no sound from any audio CD.

        Have you tried the sndconfig program?

        To mount the floppy:

mount -t FS /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy

where FS is ext2 or fat (I suppose), depending on the filesystem you have
on the floppy disk. Of course you have to be root to do that.
        If you want to be able to mount the disk as a normal user, you
have to add the following line to your /etc/fstab:

/dev/fd0   /mnt/floppy    auto    sync,user,noauto,nosuid,nodev,unhide,rw 0 0

In my computer it seems to work perfectly, recognizing the filesystem you
have on the disk. Then, to mount the disk, you only have to digit:

        mount /mnt/floppy

For the cdrom it is just the same. Add the following line in /etc/fstab:

/dev/cdrom   /mnt/cdrom    auto   user,noauto,nosuid,exec,nodev,ro 0  0

and then give the command:

        mount /mnt/cdrom

        If you use msdos floppies, probably the best thing for you is to
use the mtools: mcopy, mdir, etc....

        If you experience problems with auto configuration of filesystems,
let me know. ;-)

--
Aequam memento rebus in arduis servare mentem...

Mauro Tortonesi             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                            http://ing49.unife.it/~keyser
Ferrara Linux User Group    http://flug.unife.it