Check the last few lines when it fails, that should be your main error
for not loading xwindows.  Normally ( in my case ) it is how I set up my
video and monitor settings.  Best thing to do is   type 'setup' or
'/usr/sbin/setup' and pick the bottom choice of Xconfigurator  ( must be
logged in as root).    Then go through a bunch of different options till
one finally works.  See your manual for the vid card and monitor for
it's tech specs to help in the choices.

  When I pick my Monitor fron the list I just juse Custom and pick my
settings, that helps the best to customize your monitor.

good luck.

pj