James Reeves wrote:
Hello, All I have only been using Linux for a short time, and I have a really stupid question, but here it is. I downloaded Netscape 4.51 (Linux) and ran the ns-install program in the install log it says everything was copied okay, but is there something else that I have to do to activate it, because when netscape is started it is still running 4.08. Any help would be appreciated.

The 4.08 version will run if you haven't uninstalled it and continue to run it from the same icon and/or directory.  You most likely (definitely) have installed the new version in another directory, right?

So first locate where the 4.51 version is installed.  (For me it is in /opt/netscape.)  Once in your directory, type ./netscape (thats ". / netscape" - w/o any spaces and quotes) and it should launch the 4.51 version.