I was trying to install the Linux Mandrake 5.2 from a CD. After choosing the
mode (use default <ENTER>), language (choose English) , keyboard type
(Choose US) and choice of installation method (choose local CD) , the
installation procedure stop with the the message "Welcome to Linux-Mandrake"
in the first line of the screen, and the rest of the screen blank. The light
of the CD drive remain ON and nothing happen. After waiting for about one
minute, I press CNTR-C and the message "Kernal Panic: VFS: Unable to mount
root fs on 08:22" appear.

What could be the problem. something wrong with the installation procedure?
Please help.

Thanks

Francis Ong