Andre Baron [[EMAIL PROTECTED]] said:

        >> I'm trying to get my Adaptec AHA 1542b scsi card to work with my
linux
        >> system....  I have gotten it working under Windblows but linux
doesn't
        >> seem to like it

        No problem with my Adaptec 1542b SCSI card and Mandrake 5.3.    I
installed Mandrake from a NEC 6X CD-ROM drive connected to that card in
fact.

        Ensure that the IRQ and DMA resources for the 1542b card are
reserved in the motherboard BIOS setup.   My BIOS is set to "Plug and Play
OS".

        I do have the BIOS on the 1542b card disabled, as I am not trying to
boot from a SCSI drive.    I did try to boot the Mandrake CD, without
success (tried both CD-ROM and SCSI options in the motherboard BIOS).   But
it is very easy to make a boot floppy from the CD.

        I have the floppy controller on the 1542b card disabled, as my
motherboard does that.

        My SCSI CD-ROM works perfectly within KDE, using the 1542b.   Click
on the icon to mount a CD.

        Try setting the card jumpers to default, as given here:
        http://theref.c3d.rl.af.mil/controllers/layouts/cs_aha-154xb.html

        Contact me if you continue to have problems, I'll check my card
settings.

        Regards,

        Richard