Kuraiken wrote:

> > You want ugly?  Try Netscape on a 1-bit Sun workstation.  That's right, you
> > get black or you get white.  Not shades, just black and white.  It's
>
> Wow...you work on dinosaurs, Steve? Didn't think 1-bit displays still existed
> ;-)

Well, there's something intriguing to a geek mind about a complete
computer system for $100.  19" monitor, 12M RAM, etc, etc.  The Sun 3/50
lived here for about 6 months (til the monitor fire) and was then
replaced by a Sun 4/300.  The 3/50 was kind of cool in that it didn't
have any hard drives, but booted it's entire OS via TFTP from the Linux
machine.  It booted right into X and everything was run on the Linux
machine but displayed on the Sun.  I sort of miss that system, but scans
of comp.sys.sun.* haven't turned up any new offers of 3/50 or 3/60's
(the 60's have 8-bit color).  Ah well... :)

--
Steve Philp
[EMAIL PROTECTED]