On Tue, Apr 27, 1999 at 03:17:38PM +0800, John l.yn wrote:
> Hi:
>
>    I have two question below:
>
>    1. I want to change the resolution of X-windows from 16 color to 24 bit
> color.Help say that using 'alt'-'ctrl'-'+', but it doesnt work.

There is a difference between resolution and color depth.  To change
resolution (pixels x pixels), use Ctrl-Alt-<NumPad +> and Ctrl-Alt-<NumPad ->

To change color depth, you'll have to exit X and add a flag to your startx
command.  Something like this should work:

        startx -- -bpp 16

        or

        startx -- -bpp 24

--