Much thanks, it works perfectly :)

If you were wondering, I want to use it in one of my scripts, which cycle
through a range of dynamic ip's looking for my friend, who sometimes doesn't use
icq/shells & it's difficult to get in touch with him.

<Snippety snip>

--
Little Fly,
Thy summer's play               If thought is life

For I dance
And drink & sing,
Till some blind hand
Shall brush my wing.