Arnold Kelly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> scritto:

> I've just built a new system and am having a little bit of a video
problem.
> The video is SiS 6326 3D Pro AGP and the monitor is a Goldstar
(don't know
> the exact model).  If I run Xconfigurator and do a probe it says
that it
> wants to set the default to 800x600 w/8bpp. The only thing I change
is the
> color depth to 16bpp.  Everything works ok, but some of the colors
go kinda
> "wonky" (i.e.:Not all of the characters show up in xterm but
everything
> works.  Alsowhite blocks appear where the text under icons should
be.)
> Everything works fine, just have to refresh the desktop three or
four times
> before I can read some of the text.  Any ideas what I can do to fix
the
> problem?  Oh! By the way.....I'm using the SVGA Xserver and have it
set for
> the SiS 6326 3D Pro AGP driver.   Thanks!
>
> Arnold

  Two thing that I hope will be usefull:

 1) In my SiS 6236 card config file (/etc/X11/XF86Config) I have added
the line

     Option "no_linear"
     Option "sw_cursor"

    as you can found in the README.SIS (find / -iname readme.sis)
    First of this my X windows was black black and only icos was
visible.
    Attention because only 8 bpp colors depth are allow with "no_linear"
    and gimps don't works

 2) hotmail is Micro$oft, please try eudoramail or yahoo too

Bye, Roberto