From: Pliler Main Unit <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> I didn't hAVe a modem (except USB), now I put an external
> serial port modem on and tried to go back to KPPP, and query
> the modem, it said it couldn't find one.

    Which port is your modem attached to?  Which device is kppp set to
use for the modem?  Most likely, kppp is set to use /dev/modem.  If so,
you've got two choices.  First, you can change kppp to use
/dev/ttyS[com-1] for the modem, where [com-1] is one less than the com
port number where the modem's attached--if your modem is on com3:, you'd
use /dev/ttyS2.  The second option is to do this as root:

# cd /dev
# rm modem
# ln -s ttyS[com-1] modem

    Either way, this should set kppp up to use your modem on the correct
port.