I've got the same problem, and now that I've gotten the info from winipcfg,
How do I get Linux to work with my cable modem?  I've got a 3com Ethernet
card (set as eth01) and a Motorola Cyber surfer cable modem.

My connection isn't automatically detected.  I've tried typing in NETCFG
before, but after my computer (while logging out of Linux) stalled, 'netcfg'
wouldn't work anymore when I tried it again.  I'm using Mandrake 6.0 and
KDE.

thanks,
Jimmy

> Yes, Mandrake will work fine with your cable modem account.
>
> However, it might be best to tell them that you are a Windows user.
Avoid