On Tue, 8 Jun 1999, Hidong Kim wrote:

> I've had Mandrake 5.3 installed on our Linux
> machines for a while now, and I was always under the impression that
> Mandrake 5.3 was exactly Red Hat 5.2 plus KDE.

Not quite. Mandrake 5.3 had a lot more applications than RedHat (XEmacs,
klyx, licq, maxwell, just to mention a few of them). But the base system
was the same. Any RH 5.2 application will work.

> When I try to run the application by issuing the name of the executable,
> I get an error saying, "bash: <executable>: No such file or directory".
> I get this error even if I give the full path of <executable>.  An ls
> shows that <executable> is indeed where I think it is.

The executable is probably a shell script trying to start a nonexistant
interpreter (starting with a line like "#!/usr/bin/tcsh").
What does "head -n 1 ./<executable>" say?

LLaP
bero