Bernhard Rosenkraenzer wrote:

> I've just finished uploading the 2.2.9-27mdk kernel to updates. It should
> appear on the mirrors shortly.
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> This kernel really fixes the defunct processes problem, which also caused
> the "umount: device is busy" problem at shutdown.
>
> LLaP
> bero

I would like to take a look and possible install it. But I have to tell you
the truth: I have no idea about how to do it. I have never done it. So, my
question is simple: Where can I find a HOWTO about upgrading the kernel?
Does it come in rpm format? Can it be upgraded as easily as any other
software or do I have to compile it before? Another guy has the same doubts
that I have. He has sent a message to the list today.

best regards,
Rodrigo