Hi. I've used other distributions of Linux in the past and have never known
how to change the keyboard repeat rate (both the time it takes to start
repeating, and the repeat speed itself) in Linux. However, that wasn't
really a problem, because it was always set by default as I liked - which
is the same speed as the fastest settings in Windows 95. However, yesterday
I installed Mandrake 6.0 in a new PC and the keyboard speed is very low
(for my taste). The computer's BIOS (it's a Compaq) doesn't have an option
to change this, and I don't know how to change it in Linux... does anyone
know?

I tried using xset or editing /etc/X11/XF86Config, but it doesn't do
anything, and, besides, the speed is already low in the console mode,
before starting X. So is there any solution for this? Something like "mode
con rate=# delay=#" in MS-DOS?

Thanks in advance.