On Mon, 05 Jul 1999, you wrote:

> Is the system safe from the network side? I didn't install any servers. Should I be
> afraid of Trojan horses? I ask this because my I have a constant connection to the
> internet via cablemodem.
>
> Jo

There was a thread on the Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts list ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
recently about this. Apparently someone had just hooked a Linux box
up to the cable, and was surprised to see how many of his neighbors'
Windows PC's  were available for browsing.

I would think a constant connection would be more at risk than a dialup.
Probably you will want a book or two on Linux security issues.

Regards,
Irv