On Fri, 9 Jul 1999, Martin White wrote:

> The following URL gave me the info to fix the problem...
>
> http://www.submm.caltech.edu/~shimpei/laptop/#keyboard
>
> Basically what you need to do is boot into the system using 'linux single'
> at the lilo prompt - don't know how to do this if you're not using lilo, but
> if you're on the Mandrake list you probably are !!
>
> Fix any filesystem problems that have probably caused by having to switch
> off last time you booted (fsck /dev/hda5 for instance - and answer Y to
> fixing everything).
>
> If you had to fix the disk, reboot, again making sure you go 'linux single'
> (V IMPORTANT or you could be there all day fixing fs problems).
>
> Now, go to the directory /etc/rc.d/rcn.d (where n = the runlevel you wish to
> use) and do 'mv S45pcmcia S98pcmcia'. This delays the loading of the pcmcia
> till later in the boot and cures the keyboard problem.
>
> Note that you will need to do this every time you make a change to the
> system daemons with ntsysv or setup - anyone know of a more permanent way ??
>
> Problem solved !!
> Martin.

Sure I/We can modify it for the next release, if anyone can verify it
doesn't break any other laptops. I don't have one to test on, well the one
i could get away with installing linux on doesn't have pcmcia on it, and
the other i would be beaten for even touching ( Geesh women, You crash one
little pc and they hold it against you for life )