I have the same problem and have found out that the 722C is not supported
as there are no linux drivers for it.  I, myself, am going out this weekend
to buy an Epson Stylus 640 that Costco has for $169.95 plus tax.  It also
is offering a $30.00 rebate until 9-30-99.  I am personally disappointed,
but have also gone on HP's web site and into the Community Forum on the 720
series printers, and the people using Linux are very disappointed, too.