Subject: Re: [SATLUG] more networking help
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 13:07:42 -0500
From: J Mann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

On Fri, 09 Jul 1999, you wrote:

> Ok people, I got the new cable today and I'm having even more
problems. > I have 2 machines (192.168.0.1 & 192.168.0.2). Now my
problem. If I ping > from .0.2 to .0.1 I get no response, BUT if I
launch ifconfig on the > .0.1 machine I can see the packets coming in.
So what am I doing wrong? > II've double checked all my settings and
I'm very desperate here. Any > help would be appreciated.

I've done some more tests since that post. If I ping from the  0.2
machine to the whole network (192.168.0.255), I can see the packets
coming in on the 0.1 machine, BUT if I reverse the process I get
nothing.  Sounds like my 0.1 machine receives packets but doesn't send
them back. I'm using a BNC cable with 2 'tee's' with caps on each end.
Should I do away with the 'tees' just plug them in directly to solve my
problem?

Jeremy