MAKE CERTAIN that the SVGA and the FrameBuffer Drivers are loaded.  AGP implementations tend to use the Frame Buffer Driver.  Reinstall if necessary to assure this happens, or use rpm if you can.

OK try SiS 6326 chipset (generic) on the video and Custom on the Monitor

Choose the sixth choice (Non-Interlaced SVGA)
and choose
50-90
for vertical

Now the file produced will be  /etc/X11/XF86Config.  It may be necessary to play with the interval in the timing loops

Modeline "640x480"   45.8  640  672  768 864  480  488  494  530  -HSync  -VSync

The first numeric entry is clocking your interface chip.  The next two numbers, in this case 640 and 672, should be changed if it appears your video almost works...  to something a little tighter, like 640 663  Also there are a NUMBER of options you can use to custom-configure if necessary, all documented at  www.XFree86.org  and in the manual for XF86Config.  Comment out some of thhe many modelines, or all but one at a time, and see if that helps, too, then keep only those which work.

The main thing is to tell install you have an AGP and that it is generic SiS6326.  That is the best hope for a supported driver.  Otherwise, talk to www.linuxmall.com for a commercial X server that will talk to your card.

Civileme

Morpheus The Sinful Weeper wrote:

Ok, what about SuSe ?
Btw, as silly as it sounds, ive been messing with FreeBSD too and i find it
the easiest and better to install, if it wasnt for my low resource on
packages id have it up and running