Are you running win95 or 98 on the target machine?  If so, it is possible to make a windows boot disk with the CD driver activated in dos.  Then you can use autoboot.bat.  I will explain it if that is the case.

Are you running a 486?  If so, you may never get it to work, since many of the files are compiled for Pentium class processors.  I think you are probably using the MacMillan packaging of the distribution, but I am not completely sure.
  Civileme

Nighthawk Night wrote:

I recently purchases "The Complete LINUX operating system 6.0" and have
begun to install it.  However, after following the instructions to the
letter, I have come to the actual installation, and am unable to finish.  I
can load my computer off the 3.5 boot disk that came with the OS, and I can
start the install process.  It goes through and checks my partition, my hard
drive, etc. all the fun stuff, and has no problems.  then it getsdown to the
line "running install.." and it hangs.  I have tried everything I know to
get this to load, and I am stuck.  My computer will now allow me to boot
from my cdrom, so that option is out.  There is an autoboot.bat file on the
cd, but I am unable to get to my cdrom drive when I boot it with a floppy.
I really need help!  Any help is greatly appreciated!!!! Thanks in advance!

Nighthawk

Civileme Say:

"One who buys dual scan display soon gains Optometrist for best friend."