On Mon, 19 Jul 1999, Kelly Dorset wrote:
> These are from what I've heard from a friend.. Are they true..
>
> 1) Can linux-mandrake be installed on a machine running win95/98/NT
> 2) Does it like fat32?
> 3) How simple is it to install..
>
> if you've got any handing beginner info lying around suitable for cut
> and paste could you pass it on to me?
>
> Cheers!

> --
> ---
> Kelly Dorset
> HTML programmer for Insight UK
> http://www.insight.com/uk
> ---
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> ---
> I'm not fat.. its all done with mirrors!

First, yes Linux-Mandrake works well on a machine aready bogged down with Win
9x :) .

Second, It can be installed on a fat32 file system, BUT, it will run alot
slower than if it were on a native linux file system. Almost as slow as Windows
:) .

Third, It is pretty easy to install especially if you have a recent system,
with fairly standard hardware.

In general, it is probably best to try to install linux on a seperate partition
and to format that partition as native linux. As I said earlier it can run on
fat 32 but at a speed penalty.

Hope this helps,

John Love

[EMAIL PROTECTED]