> I just got Linux-Mandrake 6.0 from a friend.  I've never used RedHat or
> Mandrake Linux.  I've used Slackware 3.6 and 4.0.  I'm not sure how to go
> about installing Mandrake 6.0.  I've looked for help files but nothing
> really says anything definite.  It's as though they're afraid you'll crash
> your computer and get mad at them.  It's a computer...you set it back up and
> do it again.  I was just wondering if somebody could help me get a
> step-by-step manual to print out.  I want to install it from cd because I
> don't have room on my hd.  Thanks for the help.

I installed it by putting the CD in, booting to it, and following the
dialogs.  I was cautious not to trash any partitions with data on them
(luckily there was already a free one ready to use, albeit with the
MSDOS filesystem on it).  I had to go through it a couple of times to
fix mistakes I had made when I realized them, but that was no big deal.

My installation took... uhm... around 600MB (but you can cut it down).
How much do you have free?