On Wed, 21 Jul 1999, you wrote:
> I just got Linux-Mandrake 6.0 from a friend.  I've never used RedHat or
> Mandrake Linux.  I've used Slackware 3.6 and 4.0.  I'm not sure how to go
> about installing Mandrake 6.0.  I've looked for help files but nothing
> really says anything definite.  It's as though they're afraid you'll crash
> your computer and get mad at them.  It's a computer...you set it back up and
> do it again.  I was just wondering if somebody could help me get a
> step-by-step manual to print out.  I want to install it from cd because I
> don't have room on my hd.  Thanks for the help.

There should be an "images" directory on the CD. Go there,
and either using dd (linux) or rawrite (win/dos) make a
linux boot disk from the "boot.img" file you find there and
once you boot from that disk, just hit "enter" when the
black screen with nice multi-color lettering comes up and
then tell it you want to install from a CDROM.