> With normal IDE-drives you would just switch the master (MA) and the
> slave jumpers (SL). With SCSI-drives you would change the assigned
> SCSI-ID's. I get the impression it starts to count from 6 downwards for
> assigning drive letters. In your case I wouldn't repair what isn't
> broken.

They're IDE.  I know how to do master and slave jumpers with the new
disk, but I don't know the settings for the old one.  I don't even know
what the old one's name is!  Maybe the Ontrack configuration utility can
tell me: It has tons of information on hard disks and was able to
identify my old disk.

Can you describe the process?