The sis 6326 is listed in the supported cards, so that should be OK if you
select it. BUT: using 'generic multisync' is probably not a good Idea. You
should try to find out what the exact capabilities of the monitor are in
horizontal and vertical refresh rates and for max resolution. The manual is
usualy a good place to look for, or else the manufacturer's website.

Also, the sis 6326 support in Xfree is limited to 24bpp. Don't expect to get
more, and, the higher the res you choose, the lower the color depht, this due
to the limited amount of ram on the card. Try to boot in command line and mount
the cd-rom, then using rpm -Uvh, install the xfree-16vga package and the
xff86setup programme, both to be found in the /mandrake/rpms dir.

Then, instead of running Xconfigurator, run XF86Setup. This will give you a
graphical configuration screen with quite a lot more options than the basic
Xconfigurator.

Patrick