Hallo,

Yesterday I upgraded the kernel from 2.2.19 to 2.2.34 and everything
seemed to work ok. However, I did not test printing and when I started
it today, it does not work. After investigating a bit further (with
printtool) I found out that /dev/lp0/1/2 was not recognised ("not
detected") but when I look into /dev lp0 (and lp1 and lp2) are still
existing, the entry looks like:

crw-rw----   1 root     daemon     6,   0 May  5  1998 lp0
crw-rw----   1 root     daemon     6,   1 May  5  1998 lp1
crw-rw----   1 root     daemon     6,   2 May  5  1998
lp2

and that has obviously not changed until installation. As I have nothing
else changed and printing has worked so far, I am a bit lost and any
help would be appreciated - where to look / what to do ?!

Thanks and bye,

willy