"A.M. (Tony) Finnis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi -
I have the DLINK DFE-530TX working most satisfactorily by following the
instructions 'Using DFE-530TX on Linux Redhat 5.2' I obtained from the
DLINK web site.  On checking, it appears the these instructions are no
longer accessible from this site, so I will give the basis of them below :-

In the following it is assumed you have kernel 2.2.5-19.  If not, change
these references to the appropriate kernel version.
1. Ensure that the driver via-rhine.o is in the  /lib/modules/2.2.5-19/net
directory.
2. In the  /etc  directory, edit  conf.modules  to add a statement
        alias eth0 via-rhine
3. Use 'netconf' to setup the network configuration
        select 'Basic host information'
        Adapter 1
        [X]  Enabled
        (o) Manual  ( ) Dhcp  ( ) bootp
        specify your 'IP address' and 'Netmask'
        Net device eth0
        Kernel module via-rhine
4. in  /etc/rc.d  directory, edit  rc.local  to add a statement
        insmod /lib/modules/2.2.9-19/net/via-rhine.o
5. reboot the PC

Tony F

Thank you for your help. It works now. But I still have problem with ppp. No
compile or "unresolved symbol" problem, but kppp stop with a "launching pppd"
message, then it times out.