On Fri 06 Aug, Steve Philp wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> > On 3 Aug 99, at 18:11, Steve Philp wrote:
> > > Check the manpage for fetchmail.  I believe there's an option you
> > > can add
> > > to ~/.fetchmailrc to disable the domain checking when it pulls in
> > > messages.  It's been years since I've used fetchmail, but I do recall
> > > fighting that particular problem once upon a time.
> >
> > There's a keywork 'no dns' listed in the manpage but I'm not sure
> > how to use multi-word keywords. Do I need to put it in speech
> > marks or something?
>
> Nope, you should be able to put it in bare.

If my .fetchmailrc file looks like

"poll britlinks.co.uk user USERNAME password PASSWORD no dns"

I am told that there is a parsing error. If I make it

"no dns
poll britlinks.co.uk user USERNAME password PASSWORD"

I get a similar error.

I've spent quite some time reading the manpages but can't figure out the
correct format for the file.

> > Also, how do I specify an SMTP server for outgoing mail?
>
> Depends on the mail app and whether it can talk to an SMTP server.

I want my mail to other servers to be stored up no matter what mail
program it's from or which user and then transferred when I make a PPP
connection. Is there a straightforward way to do this?

> > Finally, can anyone point me to an explanation of how to set up
> > masquerading? I want my machine's host name to be
> > britlinks.co.uk but when I tried to change it, httpd kept failing on
> > me, and I need httpd.
>
> For your mail? or the machine in general?

I'd like to make the localhost name britlinks.co.uk so that calling
britlinks.co.uk in a browser opens my local pages and e-mail works using
britlinks.co.uk in place of localhost. I tried changing the name in
linuxconf but httpd refused to work after that.

James.
--
    James Stewart     |        The Britlinks       |  The Phantom Tollbooth
[EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.britlinks.co.uk | http://www.tollbooth.org