Hi Stephan,
 You will need to go into /etc directory and using your favorite editor
 open the file inittab. change the line in that file that reads
 id:3:initdefault:
                        to read:
                        id:5:initdefault:

This will tell the system to start in runlevel 5 which is Xwindow

        GIF89ai
      David M. Kufta   http://www.slip.n3meq.ampr.org  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

      REAL PORTION of Microsoft Windows code:
                while (memory_available)        {
                        eat_major_portion_of_memory (no_real_reason);
                        if (feel_like_it)
                                make_user_THINK (this_is_an_OS);
                        gates_bank_balance++;
                }
I get my exercise acting as pallbearer to my friends who exercise.
                -- Chauncey Depew

davesig

PGP signature